So, where was I?
Haven't been round these parts since January. Here's what I've been doing the last few months in lieu of Kidney Bingoing:
- Blogged the Philadelphia Film Festival, which literally made me sick. (Or perhaps it was the violent change in weather. I still theorize that watching too many goddamn movies makes one physically ill.)
- Interviewed Teeth director and producer Mitchell Lichtenstein and Joyce Pierpoline, Cristian Mungiu, Brett Morgen and Hammer & Tongs (i.e., Garth Jennings and Nick Goldsmith).
- Did Six Packs on sorry late period films by great filmmakers, horror films about female sexuality, abortion, inferior director's cuts, deserved Best Picture winners, comic turns from serious thespians, bad films with kick-me sign-like titles, remakes by the original's director(s), films about youth by old directors, bad films by British comic geniuses, movies starring the Rolling Stones, underemployed female directors, character actors playing lead, actors' stunt weight gains/losses, visually striking documentaries and geriatric action stars.
- Watched retros on Apichatpong Weerasethakul and Pedro Costa, and finally caught up with Berlin Alexanderplatz.
- Rode my bike a whole heck of a lot.