a seemingly random journey through cinema's heart of darkness. so to speak.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Hell Freezes Over

Quoth the Coulter:
Bush has no right to say "Trust me." He was elected to represent the American people, not to be dictator for eight years.

Yeah! Wait, what? Mean, bigoted, racist Ann says something I and my brethren have been saying (if, I hope, less hyperbolically) for years?! Moreover, the rest of the piece, while sprinkled with her usual repugnant, acid-Vaudeville quips, possesses more merit than I'd ever she'd be capable of. It's still far below the belt and what she says is hardly news (even that it's a GOP-er saying it isn't news). But I take small pleasures where I can get them: this is the first time I've not wanted to strangle her through the broadband. For that modest triumph, I am truly impressed.

Anyway, that was simply a feeble way to beef up this post, which is otherwise just shameless plugs. In the Weekly, I whipped up this (last one) and this.

0 Comments:

<< Home