a seemingly random journey through cinema's heart of darkness. so to speak.

Saturday, July 24, 2004

yes, i am still breathing


Reason for the lack of updates of late: I've been gearing to move. Until I'm snug in my new digs (i.e., in a matter of hours), I'm steering clear of updates round these parts. In the meantime, though, here's the belatedly put-on links to my Weekly business: the requisite Rep column and three blurbs, two-thirds of them hate-filled, on pics in the Philadelphia International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival. (For easy reference, they're Callas Forever, The Lost Generation, and Inescapable. Not that you should only read the capsules that I penned.) Plenty spiffy site renovation, no?

In the next two days or so, expect tardy musings on things like The Manchurian Candidate 2.0, the geniusly demented British sketch comedy-cum-soap opera show The League of Gentlemen, some goopy fawning over the remastered Here Come the Warm Jets, and a quite torn reaction to Michael Moore's visceral, sloppy, pandering, journalistically dubious, genially searching, unfunny, perfectly timed chunk o' propaganda, Fahrenheit 9/11.

0 Comments:

<< Home