a seemingly random journey through cinema's heart of darkness. so to speak.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

who wants to see me make a public ass of myself?


Tonight, those in the Philadelphia area have the rare distinction of seeing me try to do a public reading, mangling over long sentences and cumbersome word clusters. Entitled Lit & Whimsy, this new reading series is an off-shoot of the Philly Weekly, with the idea being that it'll make public readings chic in this one-horse town.

The first night's theme is, appropriately, movies. Along with myself (I'll be relaying the disaster that was a four-year-old film set I was on), there's fellow film critic Dan Buskirk talking about grind house movie theaters, gossip columnist Jessica Pressler talking It's a Wonderful Life, Erik Bader's "How Rushmore Destroyed My Life," and others. Doree Shafrir, our A&E editor, will host and talk up Heathers.

Time: 7pm to 9pm.
Place: Tritone, 1508 South St.
Price: None. Booze not on the house.

0 Comments:

<< Home