a seemingly random journey through cinema's heart of darkness. so to speak.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A good idea is a good idea forever

Among the numerous written-by-me effluvia in today's Weekly are a review (second down) of Sophie Scholl: The Final Days (the film that should have won the Foreign Language Oscar), Rep (with mucho words on The Pajama Game and Gun Crazy), and a series of pieces on the about-to-begin Philadelphia Film Festival: a combined article on Puiu's The Death of Mr. Lazarescu and Sokuorov's The Sun, another on the modern morality docs This Film Is Not Yet Rated and Fuck, and mini-blurbs on four others of various quality.

The PFF begins on Thursday night with that other, non-Kabbalah spelling bee movie Akeelah and the Bee, which I plan on not pencilling into my schedule. (It could be worse: one year kicked off with Confidence.) But after that, I should be a fest-goin' fool, which I wholly plan on blogging about. Stay tuned for updates, hopefully mucho.

Also, Monday was my 27th. Feel free to send me the new Greenaway set.

0 Comments:

<< Home