a seemingly random journey through cinema's heart of darkness. so to speak.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

YouTubing-To-Obscure-Shameless-Self-Promotion Wednesdays: Money Spines Paper Lung Kidney Bingos Organ Fun

Few love random word-spewing more than I -- note the blog title* -- so I'm not entirely sure why I've never thought to post Word Movie, Paul Sharits' 1966 short of rapid fire wordplay, which comes off for all the world like one of the films made by Infinite Jest's James O. Incandenza. (The descriptions of his films were parodies, after all.) Sharits is mostly known for the flicker-heavy avant garde classics T,O,U,C,H,I,N,G and N.O.T.H.I.N.G., sections of which, but not the whole, are available on YouTube. I won't link to them, as I know I'm not the only person who thinks it's funky seeing only portions of short films. Nor will I link to his IMDb profile, which features only 3 or 4 of his works. Instead, I'll direct the interested to this presumably complete resumé.

Hope you're not epileptic.



The Weekly Weekly!! Two reviews (second and third down) of the "Lost Boys of Sudan" doc God Grew Tired of Us and the reissue of Alberto Lattuada's so-so 1964 comedy Mafioso. Also, Rep.

* Plucked from Wire's awesome '80s semi-hit "Kidney Bingos," wherein a bunch of random words -- this post's title features the chorus -- are set to what sounds like a dreamy love song, but is, in fact, pure nonsense.

0 Comments:

<< Home