a seemingly random journey through cinema's heart of darkness. so to speak.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Shameless plugs? We got 'em


In today's Philadelphia Weekly, here's what I wrote:
* A smallish article on Ousmane Sembene's latest, Mooladé, which I haven't yet seen. (Careful: nor did I let on that I did.)
* A review of The Grudge...which should also contain a review of Vera Drake but, for some reason, doesn't. Until it pops up on there, only Philly residents can take in my mostly happy reaction to Mike Leigh's back-alley pic.
* Repertory Film and Video. Apart from dueling Dracula pics, there's also words on a festival that includes Red Desert, Some Came Running, Pierrot le fou, Juliet of the Spirits, and films by experimental pioneer Harry Smith, plus disses on Nightbreed and Pumpkinhead. Also, that C+ on Bob Roberts is way too generous in retrospect.

0 Comments:

<< Home