a seemingly random journey through cinema's heart of darkness. so to speak.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I Was a Teenage (and Young Adult) Theater-Hopper!

It's not much of an admission, granted, but that didn't stop me from banging out a longish recollection of my younger days for the PW's Fall Guide. Elsewhere, I muse on Kirby Dick's cathartic but disappointing MPAA-salvo This Film is Not Yet Rated (below the Sean Burns lead) and chat at great length about Orson Welles, Richard Lester and Todd Rohal, director of the Sundance fave The Guatemalan Handshake, in Rep.

Also, recent visitors to his site might like to know that I might have overestimated Brian De Palma's The Black Dahlia. Nearly, seven hours later, it's sitting surprisingly well with me, though [THE RASA SPOILER ALERT IS ON] I may need another couple viewings to see if the way its doesn't come together is satisfyingly unsatisfying or unsatisfyingly unsatisfying. That's Ed, where's the set pieces? And I'd really like to know exactly what critic got all hot and bothered by the Scarlett-Josh table prelude-to-a-bonk scene? I mean jesus.

0 Comments:

<< Home