a seemingly random journey through cinema's heart of darkness. so to speak.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm sorry, but that code is inconnu

Wouldn't you know it? I'm only swinging by with a small bag full of shameless plugs! This week finds me blathering on about Melvin Van Peebles' debut, The Story of a Three-Day Pass (second down) and getting tangled up in A Cock and Bull Story. (Pointless trivia! This is, I believe, the only full-length review I've ever written where I didn't once drop the movie title.) Also, Rep.

And if you haven't already, do make sure you take in the results of Sunday's Blog-a-Thon on Code Unknown, my pick for Michael Haneke's best work yet/that I've seen. (As for Caché, I need to see it again, this weekend in all likelihood, to make up my mind on its more alarming ambiguities.) (I also need to see Code Unknown again, come to think of it. It's been awhile, baby.) (Anyway.) There are presumably dozens of posts strewn about the blogosphere, but I can assuredly point you towards (but of course) Filmbrain, Zach Campbell, Matt the Esoteric Rabbit, and much of the Cinemerati crew. Most aesthetically pleasing of all was Eric Henderson, whose heavy reliance on pictures and fondness for the YouTube has made his one of the few genuinely innovative blogs, especially w/r/t this post. (Many more can be found at the lair of girish, the -thon's instigator.) Good job making the reference/comparison to Haggis' Crash, all of you.

Hey, remember when I used to write posts with actual or at least attempted girth? It wasn't that long ago. It won't be that long from now...

0 Comments:

<< Home